.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

 

Senator Salazar, Please Come Aboard!


Dear Senator Salazar,


I recently wrote to urge you to support and vote for Senator Feingold's Resolution for Censure. I must say that I found your reply less than encouraging.

There is no doubt that the president has broken the law. He has openly and notoriously admitted so on national TV. I see no reason why the Congress should not document this in the Record.

Many people seem to believe that to attack this president in even the slightest way will backfire, by causing the Republicans to rally around the Dear Leader. Given the numerous polls that indicate that nearly 70% of Americans generally disapprove of his policies, I do not see the downside for us.

When you were running for election, my friends and I canvassed Colorado Springs neighborhoods on your behalf. It was not always pleasant, here in the Conservative Holy City.

You were elected, and now, it's time to fight for the values of the people who fought to help you into office.

I know and appreciate that you are working on many worthy initiatives. Water and forest Management, Veterans Support and other noble causes are important to me too; but they will fall by the wayside if we don't restore our Government of the People.

I become sick when I remember that we allowed President Clinton to be impeached because he lied about an affair with an intern. Surely, the president's open and notorious disregard for the US Constitution is worthy of a slap on the wrist. It is time for Democratic Representatives to stand up for what Democrats, and most Americans believe in.

Please get on board, and support Senator Feingold's Censure Resolution.

Yours truly,
[jj]

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?